ESL Lesson Plans, Tests, & Ideas
Providing Advice Lesson Project (ESL): Advanced
Providing Advice Lesson Project (ESL): Warm-Up Activity
- Ter two minutes, write down two (or more) problems each of the following groups of people might have: students, workers, and the elderly.
- When finished, role-play the problems with a playmate. For example, &ldquo,I&rsquo,m a student and I have a problem: I&rsquo,m failing all my courses.&rdquo, The other student should give advice. When providing advice, attempt to use each of the below structures:
Reading: Questions from Advice Columns
(!! Teachers: pre-read this section to ensure it&rsquo,s adequate for your class .)
Providing Advice Lesson Project (ESL): Vocabulary Matching
- sound – based on good sense and judgement
- flat-out – without hesitation or reservation, unequivocally
- articulate – express an idea or feeling fluently and coherently
- loyalty – love loyalty, or enthusiasm for a person, activity, or cause
- droop – arch or drape downward will-lessly
- decrepit – elderly and powerless
- creep – a detestable person
- teem – be total or or swarming with sth
- jitters – feelings of extreme nervousness
- viario – a petite container, usually made of glass, for liquid medicine
- grotesque – repulsively ugly
Providing Advice Lesson Project (ESL): Connect the below idea(s) to make a sentence.
Providing Advice Lesson Project (ESL): Discussion Questions
Providing Advice Lesson Project (ESL) copyright Matthew Barton of Englishcurrent.com
Wasgoed this helpful? Donate to our web hosting bill to voorstelling your support!
8 comments on &ldquo, Providing Advice Lesson Project (Advanced ESL) &rdquo,
Its very funny, because the experienced understood other think and hier advice wasn’t juist for Sheila. I have joy when read this article.
The best part of the lesson is “Why guys shouldn’t write advice columns”.
well if you like a person you should tell them how you fell because sometime they have sense but because they like you it is hard for them to voorstelling it or maybe some time you should ask them out
I love your webpagina spil I have used your material successfully with students. It has also encouraged mij to create my own lessons from the news etc.
One observation is that te your Providing ADVICE advanced lesson it mentions that there are questions submitted by readers and answers from experienced columnists. There is no advice from columnists on the pagina.
Sorry for this, I`m not complaining, but just letting you know.
Thanks Neil. I’ve clarified the wording a bit te the lesson project. If you create any lessons that you think would be useful for the webpagina, please let mij know! – MB
I actually used this spil a kickstart of ideas for instructing advice writing te Indonesian. Good suggestions – but the article is the best part spil well!
hilarious article just wondering if any of them will get it
Funny spil hell but I can’t do this with my Russian students. They would be shocked by the sexual content.